+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Daniel has a busy property practice encompassing all aspects of contentious and non-contentious real property and landlord and tenant work.
Daniel also completed a secondment with Gowling WLG’s Real Estate Litigation team in early 2020.
Examples of recent work as part of a larger team include:
- Acting in a long-running multi-staged rent review arbitration in relation to an £8 billion property portfolio. Most recently, this involved a 13-day (remote) hearing in July 2020 involving extensive cross-examination of expert witnesses on questions of valuation, financial modelling and public policy.
- Defending a complex claim for termination payments under an asset management agreement relating to a £270m property portfolio (led by Joanne Wicks QC and Jonathan Chew).
- A claim to enforce payment of a debt secured on a commercial premise in Newcastle (led by Jonathan Seitler QC).
- A claim for professional negligence arising from a failure to advise on the planning implications of proposed building works on high-street retail premises (led by Andrew Mold QC).
- (As a pupil) assisting with a defending a multi-million pound professional negligence claim relating to the failure to advise on rights of light inhibiting the development of land.
Examples of recent work as sole counsel include:
- Seeking urgent injunctive relief in relation to a claim for relief from forfeiture of mixed- use premises.
- Advising on the construction and enforceability of restrictive covenants.
- Advising on various issues arising from a neighbour dispute, including the availability of injunctive relief in relation to an alleged nuisance, the existence of a piping easement by way of prescription, and an alleged conflict of interest on the board of the freehold management company.
- Successfully obtaining possession orders in the County Court.
- Obtaining a final charging order over development land in Essex.
- Resisting summary judgment on an opposed lease renewal under grounds (f) and (g) of the 1954 Act.
- Successfully obtaining damages for use and occupation of lands belonging to a golf club in Hampshire.