+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate and Estates
Daniel is developing a broad private client practice spanning both contentious and non-contentious matters. He also retains an interest in the intersection between the law of trusts and other areas of law.
Examples of relevant experience include:
- Advising in relation to a claim for breach of trust against trustees based in the Isle of Man.
- Advising on the payability of SDLT by public bodies entering into leases for specific purposes.
- (As a pupil) assisting on a number of cases involving complex questions of international succession law, including cases concerning the existence of a constructive trust over Liberian bearer shares in a Greek company, and conflicting wills in four jurisdictions including Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- (As a pupil) assisting on the first case in which trustees were granted Beddoe relief to pursue an appeal to the Supreme Court (Airways Pension Scheme Trustee Ltd v (1) Fielder & (2) British Airways Plc  EWHC 29 (Ch)).
- (As a pupil) assisting with both bringing and defending claims under the Inheritance (Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- (As a pupil) assisting in advising on the construction of a trust provision dealing with the distribution of assets following the death of a beneficiary.