+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel has a busy and varied property practice. He deals regularly with landlord and tenant disputes (both commercial and residential), real property work and land registration issues. His property practice complements his other areas of expertise, and he often works on property cases which involve elements of trusts law, commercial law, civil fraud and insolvency.
Daniel enjoys working both on his own and as part of a larger team of counsel.
As part of a counsel team, Daniel’s recent experience includes:
- Acting (led by Jonathan Davey QC) in a claim concerning the equitable co-ownership of a multi-million pound commercial property in London.
- Acting (led by Jonathan Seitler QC) in an Expert Determination concerning a dispute over the development of land.
As sole counsel, Daniel’s recent property experience includes:
- Acting for the successful Appellants in a High Court appeal concerning the correct construction of two restrictive covenants over freehold land.
- Acting in numerous complex possession proceedings, involving issues of possible trespass and common intention constructive trust.
- Acting in proceedings arising out of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.
- Successfully acting for the Defendant landlord in a housing disrepair claim, involving a 1-day trial and extensive cross-examination.
- Advising and acting for the Respondent in an adverse possession claim based on a boundary dispute.
- Acting in a number of claims involving interim and final charging orders over land and orders for sale.
- Advising on a complex overage dispute.
- Dealing regularly with issues of disclaimer of leasehold (and more rarely, freehold) property.
- Advising on a number of 1954 Act claims.