+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Edward has a wide experience of commercial disputes, often on a large scale or with an international element. He is recommended in Chambers & Partners for “commercial:
chancery” and in The Legal 500 for “fraud: civil”.
His cases range from purely contractual disputes to complex disputes involving issues of asset tracing, equitable remedies, financial services, fraud and conflicts of laws. Edward has considerable experience of document-heavy and intensive litigation. Cases include:
- 2 BCLC 351 Defending one of the managers of an Italian investment fund against claims of conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duty: Fortress Value Recovery Fund v Blue Skye .
- Acting for high profile businessman in joint venture dispute regarding ownership of international haute couture business.
- Bloom v Pensions Regulator – acting for the trustee in an application to Companies Court to determine order of priority of a contribution notice upon insolvency.
- Acting as junior counsel for the main defendants during the five month Chancery Division trial in Langbar International v Rybak, a case concerning allegedly forged certificates of deposit of over US $600m.
- Acting as junior counsel for the banks involved in a dispute about £120m loans for the Isle of Man’s new power station.
- Acting as junior counsel for the director of a PLC in a case involving allegations of financial assistance and breach of directors’ duties.
- Acting as counsel for the applicants in DGT v Cubitt Building and Interiors  Bus LR 132. A case on the jurisdiction to stay court proceedings in favour of alternative dispute resolution.
- Appearing in the Court of Appeal for the respondent in Vickbar v David Freud  All ER (D) 411 (Nov). A case on the interpretation of a contract arising out of an unfair prejudice petition in the Companies Court.
- Acting as junior counsel for a number of local authorities in commercial disputes with their contractors, including a claim against a London borough for rectification of a major advertising lease and two substantial claims by district councils against their waste contractors.
- Acting as junior counsel in a claim by one of the largest UK universities to terminate a contract to accredit the degree courses of an American university in the UK.