+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Edward has been involved in many contentious and non-contentious cases involving trusts, probate and succession, many of which have had an international element. He has been instructed on behalf of trustees, beneficiaries and professional advisers acting for the trust.
- The long-running Re Jahre litigation in the Cayman Islands about beneficial ownership of a substantial trust fund.
- Advising the executors of a multi-million pound estate as to the application of the marshalling principle in the administration of assets and the appointment of replacement executors.
- Being involved in the drafting of the Charter for a Foundation under the Bahamian Foundations Act 2004 for a multi-billion dollar fund.
- Advising the trustees of a Gibraltar trust about potential claims against a former trustee.
- Advising the trustees of a discretionary trust about the scope of their powers to appoint new trusts.
- Advising pension trustees on their powers.