Call: 2014 (2011 Western Australia)
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Elizabeth has acted and advised in a wide range of commercial disputes and company matters. Her work often involves foreign clients, entities and assets. She is comfortable advising in complex cases and enjoys the challenge of commercial litigation. Many of Elizabeth’s recent cases include issues of asset-tracing and civil fraud.
Recent cases include:
- Akhmedova v Akhmedov  EWHC 1705 (Fam), led by Tim Penny QC. Instructed in an application seeking further freezing order relief on notice to prevent assets being removed from Dubai in support of the applicant’s financial relief award of approximately £500 million in the Family Division. Mrs Justice Knowles accepted that there was a good arguable case that individual directors of the corporate director respondent were to be treated as ‘de facto’ directors of the respondent.
- Acting for the investigations committee of a company to prepare a confidential report on corporate governance issues and whistle-blowing allegations, led by Terence Mowschenson QC.
- Assisting local counsel in the Privy Council appeal of AWF Fund v ZCM Asset Holding (Bahamas)  UKOC 37, led by Lexa Hilliard QC. The appeal concerned the extra-territorial application of the Bahamian insolvency legislation, and the jurisdictional gateway for service out of the jurisdiction.
- Advising a company on the enforceability of an arbitration award on the basis of illegality, led by Alan Gourgey QC.
- Re Bangladeshi Medical Association in the UK Ltd. Appearing as sole counsel in a dispute over corporate control of an association.
- Loosemore v Apsley Assets. Appearing as sole counsel in a successful claim to have a £3.75 million gift set aside on the ground of mistake.
- Appearing as sole counsel seeking orders under ss 125 and 306 Companies Act for the Court to call a meeting and rectify the company’s share register.
- Acting for a litigation funder, led by Marcia Shekerdemian QC, in complex and multi-party fraud proceedings involving competing proprietary and tracing claims.
- Acting for the successful defendant in a fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claim relating to a failed Moroccan property venture, led by Stuart Isaacs QC and Nicholas Cherryman: Baturina v Chistyakov  EWHC 1049 (Comm).
- Acting for the Financial Reporting Council, led by Javan Herberg QC and Nicholas Medcroft, in disciplinary proceedings for misconduct against PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and a senior audit partner relating to the former Connaught group: Executive Counsel to the FRC v PwC and Harrison.
- Advising on the enforceability of a ‘penalty’ clause in an online gambling context.
- Advising on Anti-Money Laundering regulations