Call: 2014 (2011 Western Australia)
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth frequently appears in contested winding up and bankruptcy petitions, and in associated insolvency applications. She is also often instructed in related applications such as seeking charging orders and orders for sale.
Recent cases include:
- Appearing as sole counsel in protracted joint bankruptcy petitions, involving allegations that multiple judgment debts were obtained by fraud.
- Appearing as sole counsel in a disputed winding up petition, including resisting urgent applications for validation orders in the High Court.
- Assisting local counsel in the Privy Council appeal of AWF Fund v ZCM Asset Holding (Bahamas)  UKOC 37, led by Lexa Hilliard QC. The appeal concerned the extra-territorial application of the Bahamian insolvency legislation, and the jurisdictional gateway for service out of the jurisdiction.
- Advising a Russian trustee in bankruptcy on bringing proceedings relating to properties in England, led by Alan Gourgey QC.
- Acting for a litigation funder, led by Marcia Shekerdemian QC, in a complex and multi-party fraud proceedings involving complex proprietary and tracing claims.
- Appearing on behalf of joint administrators seeking an extension of the administration.