Call: 2014 (2011 W Australia)
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Elizabeth has extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional trust litigation. She frequently advises on trusts, probate and private client matters, trusts-in-divorce cases, and non-contentious trust issues.
Elizabeth is often instructed to advise trustees on complex trust issues. She enjoys all aspects of private client work.
Recent cases include:
- Acting for several offshore trustees in a long-running and multi-jurisdiction dispute involving allegations of sham, led by Robert Ham QC (ongoing).
- Acting for offshore trustees in a complex forced heirship dispute, involving difficult questions of exclusive jurisdiction and protector issues, led by Robert Ham QC (ongoing).
- Advising (as sole counsel) the trustees of an English personal injury trust in relation to difficulties in seeking financial advice out of the jurisdiction, difficulties in exercising core trust powers, and the retirement of certain of the trustees.
- Advising and drafting (as sole English counsel) a new trust for a wealthy foreign individual in an offshore jurisdiction.
- Drafting and advising on Beddoe and other blessing applications, both onshore and offshore.
- Acting (as sole English counsel) for trustees in the Isle of Man in a novel application to pay trust monies into Court.
- Advising trustees of an offshore trust in relation to their involvement in English divorce proceedings, led by Andrew Mold QC.
- Advising offshore trustees (as sole counsel) in relation to their defective appointment and ratification of past acts carried out in the 10 years before the defect was discovered.
- Appearing in applications to resist grants of probate.
- Advising on trust and insolvency issues.
- Advising in relation to offshore foundations.
- Advising on the correct interpretation of wills and codicils.