Fenner Moeran QC
Call: 1996 QC: 2014
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Fenner has been recommended in the directories for some years in both general Commercial Chancery (including in Chambers Global) and in specialist Civil Fraud and asset recovery.
“Fenner is commercially minded, pragmatic, unflappable, excellent on his feet and always available to give direct, insightful advice when required.” He is “positively effervescent with enthusiasm and a man who has good ideas. You definitely want to have him on your side because he will really drive a case forward.” “He is quick and a good judge of how the court will respond.” (Chambers & Partners: Commercial Chancery 2019/2020).
“Confident, tactically astute and someone who takes a no-nonsense approach to client advice.” “Excellent to deal with, very responsive and fiercely intelligent.” (Chambers & Partners – Civil Fraud 2018/2019).
Earlier editions have described him as “an impressive litigator, whose experience spans freezing orders, asset tracing, shareholder disputes and professional negligence claims” who “has a thorough grounding in the law, and just tenaciously goes for it in court”. He is an “alert performer in court”, who is “clever, sensible and approachable” and a “fount of knowledge when it comes to obscure legal points, and also has the ability to quickly identify the right issues.” Clients like working with him because he is “great at cross-examination and has a sound grasp of mathematical concepts”.
Notable cases include:
- Bostani v Pieper  4 WLR 44  2 All ER (Comm) 276  EWHC 547 (Comm): Enforcement of Tomlin orders / lifting stays of proceedings, and how limitation periods / passage of time applies to this.
- Caribonum Pension Trustee Ltd v Pelikan Hardcopy Production AG  EWHC 314 (Ch), and  6 WLUK 362: Construction and enforcement of a guarantee, abuse of process.
- Jones v Hamilton [ 2017] EWHC 3361 (Ch) and  EWHC 1065 (Ch). Forgery of share documentation, and taking an account between business partners.
- Kanev-Lipinski v Lipinski  EWHC 475 (QB). Discharging worldwide freezing and search orders made in support of Israeli proceedings under Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 s.25 where there was no real risk of dissipation.
- Re Bovey Cranbrook RBS  EWHC 4346 (Ch): Inherent jurisdiction of the Court, freezing injunctions and cross-undertakings by public bodies and office holders.
- JSC BTA Bank v Solodchenko  EWHC 1247 (Comm): Third party delivery up of documents, cross-examination of third parties, passports and restraint orders.
- Redpath v Shefford  All ER (D) 12 (Mar). Adjournment of proceedings on first day of fraud trial.
- Law Society of England and Wales v Isaac & Isaac International Holdings Ltd  EWHC 1670 (Ch). Mortgage fraud by solicitors, dishonest assistance and conspiracy, tracing and asset recovery.
- Law Society of England & Wales v Habitable Concepts Ltd  EWHC 1449 (Ch). More solicitors mortgage fraud…
- Chan Sui v Appasmy  BPIR 18. Setting aside a statutory demand on the basis of cross-demands and equitable set-off.
- PNC Telecoms plc v Thomas & others  2 BCLC 95 Director’s breach of fiduciary duties, relief from liability and conflicts of interest.