+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Graeme has a broad range of professional liability experience with particular expertise in cases involving auditors, legal advisers, directors and financial advisers. He is often instructed in cases arising out of the collapse of financial institutions, particularly when there are cross-border issues or parallel regulatory or criminal proceedings. Graeme is happy with cases that provide technical legal challenges, he was the winner of the Martin Wronker Prize for coming 1st in Tort finals at Oxford University.
“Particularly commended for his expertise in finance-related professional negligence matters.” The Legal 500
Recent professional liability work includes:
- Representing tax advisers on 8-figure claims by former clients alleging negligent
- Advising investor action group on in complaints over management of life-settlement
- Acting for England-based director in a collapsed property investment company involved in $400m investor litigation in the England, the United States and the BVI on claims that the director breached his duties to the company and to investors during the promotion of the company.
- Advising auditors on claim by liquidators of a collapsed global aircraft component supplier.
- Advised directors of insolvent company on claims against the company’s bank in calling in loans immediately after re-financing was agreed on terms which extend the personal liabilities of the directors.
- Represented administrators of the Angel Group of companies on application for their removal and responses to allegations of misconduct by their appointing bank and advisers to that bank.
- Provided expert evidence for major accounting firms on issues of Cayman Islands law in New York litigation arising out the Madoff fraud.
- Engaged by FRC in investigations and proceedings following the sale of the Autonomy business to HP and the subsequent $8bn loss realised on the transaction.
- Acting for FRC in proceedings against directors and auditors connected with derivative losses incurred by Manchester Building Society.