+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Iain’s practice covers both general commercial and chancery litigation and advisory work, with a particular focus on the following:
- all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency (including director disqualification proceedings)
- shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes
- civil fraud, including obtaining and responding to interim injunctions (freezing injunctions, search orders and orders preserving information in electronic form), and claims based on tracing, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty, deceit and conspiracy to defraud as well as bringing and defending committal applications
- professional negligence (solicitors, accountants and financial advisors)
- disputes relating to jurisdictional challenges and choice of law
Iain is ranked as a leading junior in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 in the following categories: Chancery Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Company, Civil Fraud and Insolvency.
Chambers & Partners 2019 UK edition describes Iain as “incredibly bright, extremely deep-thinking and extremely well prepared, he puts cases forward in an extremely effective way and understands complicated issues”. “He always provides insightful advice and displays considerable judgement as to what will be effective before a court.” It is also noted that Iain has “got a very good eye for detail and has a very good grasp of legal issues. He is able to exploit the other side’s deficiencies or mistakes quite ruthlessly”.
The Legal 500 2019 UK edition recognises that Iain is “a deep thinker who plans meticulously with a real ability to predict issues”. Previous editions describe him as “a deeply knowledgeable barrister with excellent judgement” and “a very good junior in the company law field”.