+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Iain’s practice covers both general commercial and chancery litigation and advisory work, with a particular focus on the following:
- all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency (including director disqualification proceedings)
- shareholder, partnership and joint venture disputes
- civil fraud, including obtaining and responding to interim injunctions (freezing injunctions, search orders and orders preserving information in electronic form), and claims based on tracing, knowing receipt, dishonest assistance, breach of fiduciary duty, deceit and conspiracy to defraud as well as bringing and defending committal applications
- professional negligence (solicitors, accountants and financial advisors)
- disputes relating to jurisdictional challenges and choice of law
Iain is a very experienced trial advocate. He has recently been lead counsel in a six week trial in the Chancery Division (see Brent LBC v Davies  EWHC 2214) and a five week trial in the Commercial Court (Filatona Trading Ltd v Navigator Equities Ltd  EWHC 173 (Comm)).
Iain is a fluent French speaker, with some knowledge of legal French. He also has a good knowledge of both German and Russian.
Iain is ranked as a leading junior in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 in the following categories: Chancery Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Company, Civil Fraud and Insolvency.
Chambers & Partners 2020 UK edition describes Iain as “very responsive and easy to deal with”. “He listens and responds astutely to problems given or created. He’s very strong, he’s a very good advocate and will go far.” It is also noted that Iain “has excellent judgement and quickly gets on top of complex factual and legal issues.” “He never misses anything in a document and uses it to his client’s advantage” and “his advice is always excellent”.
The Legal 500 2020 UK edition recognises that Iain is “tremendously commercially minded and hugely respected”. He is “an excellent lawyer who instinctively knows what will play out well and what will irritate a court”. Iain is “very analytical and thorough in his approach, good client handling skills and a skilful advocate”.