+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent cases where Iain has been instructed include:
- Filatona Trading Ltd v Navigator Equities Ltd  EWHC 173 (Comm): Iain successfully appeared for the third defendant, who was defending a claim for conspiracy to defraud / delictual liability under Article 1064 of the Russian Civil Code. The claim was for over US$100 million.
- Lolita Vladimirovna Danilina v Vladimir Anatolevich Chernukhin, Navigator Equities Limited, Vadim Kargin  EWCA Civ 1802: Iain successfully appealed, on behalf of the Third Defendant, a security for costs order awarded in the Commercial Court. The matter is now listed for a four week trial in the Commercial Court.
- Majlis Partners Limited v Waterberg Coal Company Limited and others: Iain successfully obtained an order for security for costs, in the context of a claim for commission amounting to nearly £1 million.
- Grentex & Co Private Ltd v Brintons Carpets Ltd: acting for an Indian company in the context of a challenge to the jurisdiction of the English court pursuant to article 34 of the Brussels Convention (Recast).
- Haysport Properties Ltd v Ackerman  EWHC 393 (Ch);  BCC 676 – breach of fiduciary duty, conflict of interest, limitation periods – Iain acted successfully for the Claimant in a nearly £10 million claim.
- Porter Capital Corp v Masters  EWCA Civ 5 – guarantees, factoring agreements, Connecticut law, compound interest – Iain acted for the defendant in case involving several difficult points of construction; a respected QC on the other side.
- VTB Capital plc v Nutritek International Limited and others: acting for VTB in a case involving claims for unlawful means conspiracy; this case went on appeal all the way to the Supreme Court, see  2 WLR 398 and is now the leading case on establishing jurisdiction where it is alleged that the tort is committed within the jurisdiction.