+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent cases where Iain has been instructed include:
- Libyan Investment Authority v Societe Generale and others: Iain successfully applied, on behalf of one of the defendants, for permission to review documents for the purposes of other proceedings.
- Brent London Borough Council v Alan Davies and others: Iain is instructed on behalf of two defendants in respect of a conspiracy to defraud claim; the matter is listed for a six week trial in February 2018, raising issues on conspiracy to defraud, breach of fiduciary duty and misfeasance in public office.
- National Bank Trust v Belyaev and others: acting for defendants in claims brought by Russian bank against its former owners for breaches of duty with claims in the region of US$800 million (led by Alan Gourgey QC).
- JSC Bank of Moscow v Kekhman  EWHC 3077 (Com) – a case involving a claim in civil fraud, where Iain (led by Alan Gourgey QC) successfully resisted a strike out application by the defendant.
- Russian Commercial Bank (Cyprus) Ltd v Khoroshilov  EWHC 3139 (QB): successfully obtained a committal order in these proceedings in respect of a breach by the defendant of a freezing order. The Court found that the defendant was in breach and subsequently imposed a sanction of 21 months imprisonment.
- VTB Capital plc v Nutritek International Limited and others: acting for VTB in a case involving claims for unlawful means conspiracy; this case went on appeal all the way to the Supreme Court, see  2 WLR 398 and is now the leading case on establishing jurisdiction where it is alleged that the tort is committed within the jurisdiction.