+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Recent cases where Iain has been instructed include:
- In the Matter of Joseph Ackerman: Iain successfully obtained a bankruptcy order against the debtor, at both first instance (2016) and on appeal (2017).
- William Old Creditors Action Ltd v Bramston (as Liquidator of Willian Old International Ltd)  EWHC 1886 (Ch) – Iain acted for the creditors’ committee on a challenge to the fees charged by a liquidator.
- Brister v Official Receiver  BPIR 1008 – a case on annulment of a bankruptcy order which also raised various capacity issues. Iain acted for the successful applicant.
- Astra Resources plc, Re  EWHC 1830 (Ch) – winding up petitions, injunctions restraining the presentation of, and collateral use of a winding up petition.
- Webster v Mackay  BPIR 1136: acted for the appellant in this appeal against the Chief Registrar’s refusal to annul a bankruptcy order. The case raised some difficult issues under the Insolvency Act 1986 about the jurisdiction to grant an annulment.