+44 (0)207 306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack has a busy insolvency practice encompassing both advocacy and advisory work and has acted in a number of high profile, high value cases. He regularly acts for office holders, directors, individuals and insolvent companies often in cases involving an international or multi-jurisdictional dimension.
Jack’s recent insolvency cases include:
- Re Abraaj (ongoing): acting as junior counsel (with Tom Lowe QC) in obtaining a proprietary injunction preventing a distribution of sale proceeds allegedly held on constructive trust arising out of the collapse of the Abraaj Group.
- Re Ferster (In bankruptcy): Acting as sole counsel for a trustee in bankruptcy seeking the extension of a bankruptcy for failure to comply with requests for information.
- AHAB v Saad (ongoing) – Acting for the joint official liquidators of a Cayman Islands company defending a multi-billion dollar cross-jurisdictional fraud claim.
- Re Digital Wings Ltd (ongoing) – Opposing an application by the liquidator of a BVI company for recognition and assistance before the courts of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Re Lancelot (ongoing) – Acting for creditors in the Cayman Islands in claims concerning redemption rights in the Feeder Fund at the centre of the massive US$10 billion Petters ponzi scheme and the creditors ability to sue a company in liquidation in the context of an intended distribution.
- Re Westpark Durham LLP: Acting for a member of an LLP bringing and defending competing unfair prejudice petitions followed by applications to wind up a competing LLP allegedly created fraudulently in breach of fiduciary duty.
- Minto v Holmes: Unfair prejudice petition arising out of the conduct of a health and beauty business in the North East of England.
- Re Takhar: Acting for the debtor in a bankruptcy petition alleging abuse of process in the context of an extant Supreme Court Appeal
- SIFCO 5: Re s.236: Acting for the joint official liquidators of a Cayman Islands Company in an application to examine various parties under s.236 Insolvency Act.
In addition, Jack undertakes a wide range of insolvency and company related work including:
- Issues arising in company liquidation, administration and bankruptcy
- Actions against company directors
- Shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice petitions
- Restraining presentation and rescinding winding up orders
- Advising on share purchase agreements/disputes