+44 (0)207 306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack regularly advises in both commercial and residential property related matters and appears in court at the interlocutory stage and in final hearings.
Jack’s recent property related experience includes:
- Richards v Bodden (2018): Appearing as sole counsel in the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal in a complex claim for restitution arising out of a failed property purchase.
- FNTC v BBLL (2018): acting as junior counsel (with Alan Gourgey QC) in relation to a hard fought claim for dishonest assistance and breach of trust arising out of the purchase of a Spanish Apartment complex.
- Lemos v Blue Diamond (2018): Acting for the Claimants in a claim relating to the legal and beneficial ownership of shares relating to valuable London real estate.
- Brudenell-Bruce v Moore and Cotton  EWHC 3679 (Ch): Acting with Clare Stanley QC in a three-week trial of a claim for breach of trust centring largely on an alleged failure by the trustees to rent out certain properties (raising issues of proprietary estoppel) and an alleged failure to keep properties in repair (involving significant expert surveying and valuation evidence and raising issues as to the scope of trustees’ powers and duties to manage trust property and the measure of damages for losses sustained by trusts).
- Acting for the tenant of business premises in relation to a claim for damages resulting from the landlord’s failure to keep the property in repair.
- A contested application for an injunction to allow a business tenant back onto property, raising issues of the scope of the 1954 Act, unlawful eviction, estoppel by convention and proprietary estoppel.
- An injunction to allow a licensee back onto business premises raising issues of proprietary estoppel and fraud.
- Advising on the scope of rights of way acquired by prescription.
- Numerous applications for possession of business and residential premises including applications against the Crown for repossession of leases held as bona vacantia.
- Acting for a claimant mother in appealing a local authority’s determination that it had discharged its duty under s.193(7) Housing Act 1996 raising issues relating to public law and legitimate expectations.
- Acting for a mortgage company in successfully resisting an application to set aside default judgment on the grounds of a sale at an undervalue.
- Acting for a mortgage company in seeking recovery of moneys due under a guarantee despite the service of a defective statutory demand.
Jack also has experience of acting in relation to and advising on the scope of option agreements, restrictive covenants, guarantee agreements, business tenancy renewals and the recovery of service charges.