James Ayliffe QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2008
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
James has wide experience of international (and domestic) arbitration as well as other forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, expert determination and early neutral evaluation.
Some representative cases include:
- acting for FTSE 100 company in LCIA arbitration concerning the proper interpretation and operation of complex contractual arrangements for the disposal of properties within a large UK real estate portfolio;
- acting for Dubai and Brunei investors in multi-million pound LCIA arbitration relating to alleged breaches of operating and management agreement in respect of a major hotel in Saudi Arabia;
- acting for a UK property fund in relation to expert determination of issues relating to profit share arrangements with a development partner.
- representing licensor in defence of US$80m LCIA arbitration claim for alleged breach of international licence agreement governing use of well-known brand and trademark in connection with sale of handbags;
- acting for licensor in US$20m claim for alleged repudiation of international licence agreement relating to use of brand in connection with sale of watches;
- representing a successful and long-established firm of accountants in an arbitration concerning the rights of a retiring partner to dissolve the firm.
James also acts as an arbitrator, mediator and expert himself.