+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
James has a wide insolvency practice and appears regularly before ICC Judges. James also has a particular interest in receivership applications, being a contributing author to Kerr & Hunter on Receivers and Administrators.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting (alongside Thomas Robinson) for the joint administrators of eight companies within the Carlauren Group of luxury hotels and care homes.
- Acting (unled) for the applicant in an application to (i) set aside the decisions of joint supervisors of an IVA to allow various creditors of disputed multi-million pound debts to vote at a creditors meeting; and (ii) to revoke the approval of a proposed IVA.
- Acting, led by Marcia Shekerdemian QC, in an application to set aside an administration order on grounds of improper purpose and COMI: Thomas v Frogmore Real Estate Partners GP1 Ltd  EWHC 25 (Ch).
- Acting (led by Lexa Hilliard QC) in a confidential application to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition in the context of a dispute between two high profile companies.
- A (potentially) high-profile application for bankruptcy, in which James successfully applied on behalf of the respondent for the hearing to be heard in private and listed under anonymised names.