+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
James has experience in arbitrations under LCIA and UNCITRAL Rules, acting both as sole counsel and as a junior as part of a larger team. James’ experience spans a number of industry sectors, including start-up companies, telecommunications, and oil and gas. Further, James has acted and advised in relation to the intersection between civil proceedings and arbitration, including parallel litigation, and interim relief in support of arbitral proceedings.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting for the Claimant in an LCIA arbitration concerning:
- Specific performance of a contract for the grant of shares;
- Allegations of breach of fiduciary duty; and
- Valuation of the shares in private companies.
- Acting (alongside John Martin QC and Fenner Moeran QC) for the Claimant in a UNCITRAL arbitration of a multi-billion dollar trust dispute, concerning issues related to:
- Breach of trust;
- Dishonest assistance and knowing receipt;
- Reconstitution of trust assets and equitable compensation; and
- Replacement of trustees.