+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
James is often instructed in relation to professional liability claims, especially where such claims interact with commercial chancery matters. Recent matters with which James has been involved include:
- Bloxwich Pension Scheme. James was instructed alongside Jonathan Hilliard QC to act for the defendant law firm facing professional negligence claims in relation to an alleged failure to equalise scheme benefits.
- Acting (led by Martin Hutchings QC) for a defendant property developer in respect of a large dispute over architectural services
- Assisting Lawrence Cohen QC in Symrise v BM, a professional negligence claim arising out of the Mexican tax implications of a highly leveraged acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Acting in a successful claim against a negligent estate agent.
- Advising in relation to professional negligence claims brought against solicitors, IFAs, and investment managers.