+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie has acted in a number of high-value UK and international arbitrations. He has experience of advising on all stages of the arbitration process, and in working day-to-day in teams based in multiple time zones around the world.
Although the details are confidential, the type of work Jamie has been involved in includes:
- Acting for the claimant in on-going LME arbitration proceedings seeking remedies including a multi-million pound award for breach of contractual delivery obligations (with Alan Gourgey QC and Bobby Friedman).
- Acting for claimants in an 8-day trial in March 2018 in US$60m ICC proceedings in Singapore, as part of an international team based in both Asia and the United States, concerning claims for breach of contract in relation to a petrochemical plant (Award pending).
- Advising claimants in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in HKIAC concerning trade mark breaches in China.
- Acting for claimants in a 1-day hearing in LME proceedings resisting an application by the respondent to strike out the part of the claim for an account of profits for breach of contract on the basis of Attorney General v Blake (Interim Award pending).
- Acting for claimants in a 2-day hearing in ICC proceedings on the preliminary issue of whether there had been an unreasonable withholding of consent to an assignment of the claims, which settled shortly before trial in 2017.
- Acting for claimants resisting a jurisdiction challenge.
- Advising on the appointment/removal of an arbitrator.
- Acting for party seeking to join further parties to extant ICC proceedings.
- Advising on the ability of a party to disclose the existence of arbitration proceedings to a third party as part of share sale negotiations.
- Acting for claimants in a costs dispute hearing in ICC proceedings.