+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Jamie has acted in a number of high value arbitrations both internationally and with their seat in London. He has experience of advising on all stages of the arbitration process, and in working day-to-day in teams based in multiple time zones around the world.
Jamie is ranked in The Legal 500 2021 as a “Rising Star” separately for both commercial litigation and offshore work, in which he is described as “superb”, “very thorough”, “very commercial in dealing with clients” and as a practitioner who “extends his thinking to the next level” and “fits into a team well”.
Although the details are confidential, the type of work Jamie has been involved in includes:
- Acting for the successful claimants in an 8-day trial in Spring 2018 in confidential ICC international arbitration proceedings in Singapore, concerning claims for breach of contract in relation to a petrochemical plant located in Southeast Asia; with an award of over US$40m.
- Acting for the successful claimants at trial in Summer 2019 in confidential multi-million-US$ LME arbitration proceedings in London, concerning non-delivery of goods and SOGA, s51; with an award of the full sum sought by the claimant as its primary relief.
- Acting as sole counsel in a jurisdiction challenge to VIAC proceedings claiming over half a million pounds for damages said to arise out of a contract to supply engines for specialist military equipment.
- Advising claimants in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings in HKIAC concerning trade mark breaches in China.
- Acting for claimants in a 2-day hearing in ICC proceedings on the preliminary issue of whether there had been an unreasonable withholding of consent to an assignment of the claims (settled shortly before trial in 2017).
- Acting for the claimant in LME proceedings in successfully resisting a strike out application at a hearing in Spring 2019 concerning Attorney General v Blake.
- Acting for claimants resisting a jurisdiction challenge in ICC proceedings.
- Advising on the appointment/removal of an arbitrator in ICC proceedings.
- Acting for party seeking to join further parties to extant ICC proceedings.
- Advising on the ability of a party to disclose the existence of arbitration proceedings to a third party as part of share sale negotiations.
- Acting for claimants in a costs dispute hearing in ICC proceedings, including as to the jurisdiction of the tribunal to order that costs in one arbitration be assessed only following the conclusion of related arbitration proceedings.