+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate and Estates
Jamie recently spent a month in late 2018 on secondment to Ogier’s offices in the Cayman Islands where he worked with Rachael Reynolds, who leads Ogier’s Global Dispute Resolution team, and her team; including a number of contentious international trusts matters.
Jamie acts and advises as sole counsel on the full spectrum of trusts, probate and estates matters, including:
- Settling pleadings and advising in proceedings concerning allegations of breach of trust and fiduciary duty with regard to a shared home estimated to be worth over £500,000.
- Settling pleadings and advising on proceedings alleging professional liability on the part of financial advisors concerning IHT payable by an estate.
- Advising concerning the compromise of possession proceedings where the defendant counterclaimed an interest in the property, the freeholder had lost capacity and a sale was necessary to pay for the freeholder’s medical care, and the only available asset for a compromise was the provision for the defendant in the freeholder’s will.
- Drafting pre-action correspondence and advising on proceedings concerning the proper construction of a will and seeking an account and alleging breach of trust as against the trustees of the will trust.
- Drafting pre-action correspondence and advising on proceedings concerning allegations of misconduct by executors, including claims against executors, applications for disclosure against executors, or the removal of executors.
- Settling pleadings and advising on proceedings concerning the validity of a will.
- Assisting with preparation for and appearing in proceedings in the Court of Protection on behalf of the Deputy for a heavily disabled man, concerning the assets settled on his behalf, seeking an order for the sale and reinvestment.
- Advising on claims pursuant to the 1975 Act.