+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Jessica’s practice includes all aspects of commercial litigation, including urgent injunctive relief, construction of contracts, sale of goods, guarantees, breach of contract claims and the enforcement and recognition of foreign judgments. She is regularly instructed to advise on and act in high-value commercial proceedings.
Recent experience includes:
- Municipality of Mariana v BHP Billiton Plc: Acting as part of a team for claimants in a £5billion class action arising from the Fundão Dam disaster in Brazil, listed as one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases in 2020.
- Carter v OMI: Acting as junior counsel in a $15million dispute in respect of the mis-selling of investment bonds, involving issues in respect of breach of fiduciary duty, conflicts of law and the application of Turkish law.
- Pentera v OMI: Acting as junior counsel for a life assurance company in two connected $20million disputes in the Isle of Man, arising from the sale and operation of investment related life assurance policies and involving issues in respect of secret commissions, breach of fiduciary duty and the application of Russian law.
- Advising a joint venture financier in respect of the validity of security granted over an Aston Martin vehicle to secure a c.£1million loan, and the priority of the security.
- Acting as sole counsel for the defendant in a £1million claim alleging breach of an exclusive supply agreement issued in the Commercial Court, which settled before trial.
- Acting as sole counsel in an urgent interim injunction application against leading counsel regarding anticipated share transfers in a foreign company.
- Advising franchisees as to potential claims against a franchisor which changed its business practices rendering the franchise unprofitable for the franchisees.
- Advising a consultant retained to raise investment for a company as to his entitlement to a success fee in circumstances where the company raised substantial investment but denied that this was due to the efforts of the consultant.
- Acting for the liquidators of a construction company pursuing a sub-contractor in a claim worth over £1.5million for defective works leading to the partial collapse of a building.
- Acting in a 3-day trial of a claim involving a dispute in respect of the quality of works conducted to a Grade-2 listed building and land.
- Advising on claims in conversion, misrepresentation and breach of contract in respect of trademarked surgical sets and implants involving conflicts of laws issues.
- Advising in a professional negligence claim against insurance brokers arising out of the under-insurance of commercial premises damaged by fire.