Jia Wei Lee
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jia Wei regularly acts as sole counsel and junior in property disputes.
His notable recent experience includes:
- Advising (as part of a counsel team) in relation to the builders’ and developers’ liability for corroded chilled water pipework in a multi-million pound development.
- Acting (as part of a counsel team) in relation to a multi-million pound claim for breach of various options to take a lease over land to be used for renewable energy plants.
- Acting successfully for the claimant in seeking an order for sale of property formerly used as a family home.
- Acting successfully for the claimant developers in obtaining injunctive relief against a defendant who was obstructing the accessway to a construction site.
- Advising a lessor as to the application of the transitional provisions of the New Electronic Communications Code to the validity of various s31 notices served upon its lessees.
- Advising various leaseholders as to the merits of a potential challenge to a final account of service charges demand by the landlord pertaining to various major works done on a block of flats, on the basis that the landlord had failed to comply with its consultation obligations.
- Advising as to the steps that had to be taken to resist the transfer of title over a residential property to a prospective buyer, in circumstances where the purchase price was part-paid, and the purchase p the sale of a residential property in circumstances where only part-payment of the purchase price had been effected, and where.
- Advising in relation to issues of standing and proper service in a claim for the determination of interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.