Jia Wei Lee
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Trusts, Tax, Probate & Estates
Jia Wei taught and examined undergraduate courses in trusts law at the University of Cambridge and University College London. He is currently developing a wide trusts and pensions practice.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting (as part of a counsel team) for the directors of the corporate trustees of a pension scheme in relation to a major regulatory investigation by the Pensions Regulator.
- Advising (as part of a counsel team) in relation to various proprietary claims that could be brought by trustees of an employee benefits trust to reclaim compound interest on overpaid tax.
- Assisting in the preparation of an expert’s opinion regarding a discretionary beneficiary’s locus standi in the context an investment-treaty arbitration.
- Advising the trustees of a trust over land, settled for the benefit of a rugby club, as to the impact on such trust of the dissolution of the rugby club, and its subsequent reconstitution as a limited company.
- (as a pupil) Assisting Jonathan Hilliard QC in advising in relation to various professional negligence claims against the trustees of a pension scheme.