Joanna Smith QC
Call: 1990 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Joanna has extensive experience of advising and appearing in arbitrations, both domestic and international. Her recent experience includes:
- Acting in 2019 in an arbitration on behalf of the Official Receiver in connection with a construction dispute.
- An appointment as President of an ICC arbitration panel in connection with a multimillion USD dispute over an infrastructure project in the Middle East. The four week hearing is due to take place in 2020.
- Appearing as counsel for a Joint Venture Contractor in a multi-million USD arbitration relating to the construction of airport facilities in the Gulf (UAE law) (2017).
- Advising in a multi-million SAR ICC arbitration for unpaid invoices in respect of a contract for the construction of four gas treatment centres in Saudi Arabia (2016).
- Advising in a multi-million dollar arbitration for breach of warranty in a share purchase agreement concerning television rights in Eastern Europe (2016).
- Advising and appearing at the arbitration of a multi-million pound dispute over the operation and performance of a manufacturing and distribution facility (for CDs and DVDs) in Germany.
- Acting in a three-day arbitration pursuant to the laws of St Vincent and the Grenadines concerning a construction contract for a substantial residence on Mustique.
- Advising in an arbitration concerning a dispute over agreements facilitating the sale of an oil ring off the coast of Venezuala.
- Acting in arbitration concerning the negligence of construction professionals in the construction of an underground car park. Advising and appearing at the ICC arbitration in Paris of a multi-million pound dispute over the design of naval guns and the construction of the relevant supply contract.