Joanna Smith QC
Call: 1990 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
As a specialist in commercial and professional negligence litigation (including heavy construction disputes in the TCC), Joanna has extensive experience of working together with clients and parties to identify solutions to their disputes. She firmly believes that there are few, if any, disputes that are incapable of resolution by way of a carefully negotiated deal which recognises and balances the competing interests of the parties.
Joanna frequently acts for parties at mediations and also mediates disputes as Mediator. When acting as Mediator, Joanna is happy to travel to mediations and will remain involved after the mediation itself has finished if the parties consider that her continued involvement would assist. She has found that this has often yielded a successful settlement in the days or weeks following the mediation.
In recent years Joanna’s international practice has continued to grow particularly in the Middle East, working on cases that that require regular travel to and from the region.
Joanna has experience of mediating technical, high value disputes (including multi-party disputes) and her recent experience includes:
- Mediating an international dispute involving breach of a share purchase agreement;
- Mediating construction related professional negligence claims;
- Mediating a professional negligence claim against solicitors involving allegedly negligent conveyancing.
- Acting for one of the parties at the mediation of a £multi-million claim against solicitors and leading counsel.
- Acting for one of the parties in a substantial contractual dispute.