John Wardell QC
Call: 1979 QC: 2002
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
An increasing part of John’s commercial practise involves arbitration work. John has conducted arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL Rules in Geneva, London, Paris, Singapore, Vienna and Warsaw.
Recent cases include:
- Acting in an international arbitration in Warsaw arising out of a joint venture for the construction of the A4 motorway in Poland. At the heart of the defence is the allegation that the applicant was engaged in a wholesale attempt to cheat his clients by overcharging and claiming for costs that had nothing to do with the project .
- Acting in an international arbitration in Paris where the prospective claimant will be seeking multi-million pound compensation for breach of a joint venture relating to the provision of mining services for a bauxite mine in Saudi Arabia .
- Acting for the applicant in an international arbitration in Vienna who successfully sought substantial compensation for breach of a share purchase agreement relating to the acquisition of a controlling interest in a steel plant in Macedonia .
- Acting for the former head of an investment bank who was seeking approximately £30m by way of reasonable remuneration for his services .
- Acting for an oil company seeking to recover substantial compensation for the fraudulent supply of cargoes of adulterated oil to Romania .