John Wardell QC
Call: 1979 QC: 2002
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
John is recommended in Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 as a leading silk in the field of professional negligence. He acts for and against a wide range of professionals, including barristers, solicitors, surveyors, financial advisers, accountants, patent attorneys and actuaries.
Recent cases include:
- PB Limited v Watson Burton – acting for a leading silk and junior in the defence of a multi-million pound claim arising from the joint opinion that they gave as to the construction of an asset sale agreement.
- Dualglo v Bromhead Johnson – successfully defending a claim against r a patent attorney who was sued for failing to advise that broad patent protection could not be obtained for a new glow-in-the-dark product called Dual Glo. It was claimed that this had resulted in very substantial losses sustained by the company and its backers. Amongst other matters the case involved complex issues concerning science and intellectual property law and procedure
- Acting successfully for a barrister who had been threatened with a multi-million pound claim arising out of the alleged failure to warn of the risks involved in extending the validity of a claim form .
- Wilson & Go Plant Ltd v. Grant Thornton UK LLP  – acting on claims of negligence against Grant Thornton both in respect of its auditing of a UK company and its corporate finance advice on the acquisition of that company for over £16m.
- Acting on claims against a solicitors firm and a trust company for substantial compensation for professional negligence and breaches of trust arising out of the wrongful diversion of trust monies to a new trust structure set up by them for the claimant’s brother in law.
- Langsam v. Beachcroft LLP  EWHC 1451 (Ch);  3 Costs LO 380;  EWCA 1230;  1 Costs LO 112 – acting on a lengthy trial and subsequent appeal on claims by the owner of Britannia Hotels against his former solicitors with regard to the advice they gave as to the value of his earlier claim against a firm of accountants and as to the merits of a settlement.