Jonathan Davey QC
Call: 2003 QC: 2016
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan has extensive experience of professional liability disputes, including claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of statutory and regulatory obligations.
Jonathan acts for claimants and defendants, and across a wide variety of different professions.
Jonathan’s “impressive breadth of expertise” (Chambers & Partners) over a range of fields of law including property, trusts, tax and commercial gives him a sound understanding, and practical experience, of the substantive issues underlying the claim of professional negligence or other breach of duty.
Some representative cases include:
- Accounting: Acting for defendant accountants in respect of multi-million pound claim for breach of contractual and tortious duties owed to the commercial lender.
- Estates and probate: Acting for defendant solicitors in respect of a dispute concerning the administration of a deceased’s estate.
- Financial advice: Acting for a claimant investor in respect of claim against IFA in respect of property based investments.
- Investment management: Acting for claimant investor in respect of a multi-million pound claim against offshore discretionary fund manager.
- Real Estate and planning: Acting for defendant architects in respect of dispute concerning planning issues in relation to substantial residential development.
- Trusts: Acting for defendant solicitors in respect of a high value dispute regarding drafting of trust documentation.