Jonathan Davey QC
Call: 2003 QC: 2016
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan has extensive experience of dealing with cases in the pensions field, including complaints to and appeals from the Pensions Ombudsman. Jonathan regularly acts for the Cabinet Office and the Department of Work and Pensions in relation to pensions disputes. Jonathan is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Some representative cases include:
- Gareth Clark v HMRC  FTT: Acting for HMRC in tax appeal regarding fiscal implications of pensions liberation structure.
- Ellis v Cabinet Office  EWCA Civ 252: Acting in the Court of Appeal (with Paul Newman QC) for the Cabinet Office in dispute concerning the meaning of the term “resignation” within the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme.
- Webber v Department for Education  EWHC 4240: Appeal in the High Court from the Pension Ombudsman in respect of limitation regarding recovery of pension overpayments
- Acting for scheme trustee in respect of dispute regarding the proper tax treatment of scheme investments (with Michael Furness QC).
- Acting for scheme trustee in proceedings to recover assets transferred out of scheme to former trustee (with Robert Ham QC).
- Acting for the Pensions Ombudsman in judicial review claim.
- Acting for scheme member in respect of a breach of trust claim against scheme trustee.