+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph has a busy and varied property practice. He is regularly instructed in litigation involving commercial or residential property, as well as providing advice in non-contentious matters.
Joseph enjoys working both on his own and as part of a team of counsel.
As part of a counsel team, Joseph’s recent property experience includes:
- assisting Jonathan Seitler QC and Emily McKechnie on a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy to deceive arising out of the sale of a holiday park in Cornwall (Francis v Knapper & ors  EWHC 3093 (QB)); and
- assisting Martin Hutchings QC in resisting an appeal to the Eastern Caribbean Court of Appeal in a dispute over land in Nevis.
As sole counsel, Joseph’s recent property experience includes:
- acting on behalf of the freeholder of a large residential development in a dispute over rights to parking spaces, said to arise by proprietary estoppel;
- acting on behalf of a residential landlord in a claim against a tenant who vacated early, alleging that the property was unsafe;
- acting on behalf of the leaseholder of a penthouse apartment in a dispute over damage caused by water ingress;
- acting on behalf of the tenant of one of the largest abattoir premises in Europe, seeking relief from forfeiture in order to allow new finance to be raised;
- acting on behalf of the freeholder of a large residential development in an adverse possession claim arising out of a boundary dispute;
- acting in numerous possession claims, including against trespassers, tenants and mortgagors; and
- acting in a number of claims involving interim and final charging orders and orders for sale.