+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Judith’s practice encompasses a wide range of chancery law with a particular specialisation in trusts. As a barrister, Judith is consistently recommended in legal directories where comments have included “Brilliant with clients and has a sure touch when dealing with sensitive cases in which parties may be quite adversarial” “cuts through the technical stuff ” “very easy with the clients as she’s approachable, empathetic and down- to-earth” “very nice to work with, very calm, and someone who gives very clear advice” “thorough and practical approach to problem solving” “excellent”, “always plays a pivotal role in the outcome of any case” “ first-class”, and “extremely bright”.
Judith qualified as a mediator in 2011 and has since mediated many varied chancery and commercial disputes. Her approach to mediations is to listen carefully to the parties and ask the right questions at an early stage in order to identify quickly what is really important to them. Where a dispute is essentially about money, Judith encourages the parties to discuss figures as early as possible to maximise the chances of a negotiated settlement on the day.
Although Judith is based in London she is more than happy to travel to mediations for the convenience of the parties, whether in the UK or abroad. As well handling numerous mediations in the UK, she has mediated disputes in Guernsey and Greece.
Cases in which Judith has acted as mediator include:
- A dispute concerning the ownership of a joint life insurance policy in the context of an intestate estate.
- Various claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- A dispute between two deadlocked directors of a media company who wished to part company.
- A claim against company directors for breach of duty in relation to the purchase of a property.
- Claims against solicitors for negligence in drafting wills.
- A dispute about the proposed sale of a valuable trust asset.
- Various disputes relating to testamentary capacity and will construction.
- A dispute concerning the ownership of a factory involving allegations of fraud.
- A breach of contract claim in relation to the provision of services in the education sector.
- A dispute regarding the ownership of a joint bank account.
“I very much appreciated your highly professional and yet human approach to the mediation. Managing to steer the parties to a settlement was no mean feat given our respective positions.”
“I am not sure we would have got there with a less committed mediator – so thank you.”