JULIAN GREENHILL QC
Call: 1997 QC: 2018
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Julian regularly acts and advises in relation to a wide range of business and commercial disputes. Julian appeared for the successful appellants in the leading case of Chartbrook Limited v Persimmon Homes Limited  1 AC 1101, on contractual rectification and the correction of mistakes by construction, and voted one of the fifteen most important cases of the last 150 years in a poll conducted by the Incorporated Council of Law Reporting to celebrate its 150th Anniversary.
Notable cases include:
- Acting for the owner of a series of poultry farms in a £multi-million arbitration against a renewable energy company for defects in the installation and maintenance of a biomass renewable-energy heating systems to heat poultry sheds at the farms (2018 – 2021).
- Advising a major factory developer in relation to the liability for and quantum of a £7 million balancing payment due under a development funding agreement for the construction of a new manufacturing facility (2020).
- Zinc Cobham 1 Limited v Adda Hotels  EWHC 1025 (Ch) – high profile £110 million claim seeking specific performance of obligations requiring the Hilton Hotel group to adhere to its own published hotel standards in the operation of a portfolio of hotels.
- George Soussou v Twyford Abbey Properties Limited (2017) ChD – acting for the defendant, a BVI SPV, in a claim for a share of the proceeds of sale of a large site at Twyford Abbey in NW London brought by an agent and property manager under an informal retainer.
- Croke v Royal Bank of Scotland Plc (2017) ChD – acting for the bank and receivers in defeating an injunction to restrain sale of two properties worth over £10 million
- Wordsworth Realty v Branchester International (2015) ChD – freezing order against a BVI-registered company in a dispute over the forfeiture of an exceptionally large deposit on the abortive sale of a commercial property in Sheffield.
- Blueco Limited v BWAT Retail Nominee (1) Limited  EWCA Civ 154. Appearing for the successful respondents both at trial and on appeal in a dispute over the interpretation of a pre-emptive right to acquire a share in the income from the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent.
- Norcros Estates Limited v Optimisation Developments Limited (2014) (Chancery Division, ongoing). Acting for the claimant in a claim for damages for repudiatory breach of an agreement for the purchase of a retail development site in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Evolve Capital Plc v Hoskins (2013). Acting for the claimant in a claim to enforce security given for a loan made for the purpose of investment in a share offering.
- Matchtrack Limited v Lawrence Grant Kirschel (2012) (Chancery Division). Advising and acting for the claimant company in a dispute over the fee payable to an intermediary by a landower.
- Chartbrook Limited v Persimmon Homes Limited  1 AC 1101 (House of Lords). Appearing for the successful appellants for a dispute over the interpretation and rectification of the overage provisions in a development agreement.