Lexa Hilliard QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexa’s practice encompasses all aspects of civil fraud including pre-emptive relief such as freezing orders, search and seizure and preservation orders. She acts for both claimants and defendants in claims for deceit, knowing receipt, knowing assistance, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy.
Representative cases include:
- Phoenix Group v. Cochrane & Ors  EWHC 418 (Comm) claims to determine ownership of multi-million £ settlement known as the Arena Settlement, freezing orders.
- Guralp Holdings & Ors v Guralp & Ors (2017) – claim for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of alleged bribery of overseas agent.
- Hunter v Lawless : acting for claimant in substantial action for recovery of monies alleged to have been misappropriated by the claimant’s former accountant.
- NGM Sustainable Developments v Wallis & Ors  EWHC 2375 (Ch): instructed on behalf of successful claimant defending an application to strike out multi-million pound fraudulent misrepresentation/conspiracy claim.
- E-Clear (UK) Plc v Elia  EWCA Civ 1114;  1 P&CR DG4: successfully overturned summary judgment in the Court of Appeal in connection with a claim against the director for breach of fiduciary duty and misfeasance.
- Halliwells LLP v Austin  EWHC 1194: instructed in an action concerning the scope of the fraud exception in a retirement deed. Case subsequently settled in the Court of Appeal.