Lexa Hilliard QC
Call: 1987 QC: 2009
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Lexa advises on and litigates claims for negligence against professionals including directors, auditors, solicitors, insolvency practitioners (IPs) and investment advisers.
“She stands out for her sheer depth of experience.” Legal 500 2020
“Very able.” Legal 500 2019
“Excellent client skills, a pleasure to work with and is an extremely good advocate.” Chambers & Partners
Representative cases include:
- Re a firm of solicitors (2017) (confidential) acting in a claim against a firm of solicitors for loss caused by acting without authority
- Lime Petroleum Plc ORD 16/001 Isle of Man, acted for the successful company and targeted directors in the first reported case under s.175 of the Isle of Man Companies Act 2006 in a hard fought application by a minority shareholder to bring a derivative action against the directors for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Stanford Bank v Nigel Hamilton Smith, Peter Wastel & Anr (2015): instructed on behalf of the firm of the former joint liquidators of Stanford Bank, Antigua, in connection with a negligence claim that has been issued against the firm in Antigua by Stanford Bank, acting by the current joint liquidators (case settled).
- McCausland v Drenagh Farms Limited (2014): instructed to appear in the High Court, Northern Ireland on behalf of the administrator of a large estate in Northern Ireland in connection with a claim that the administrator had negligently disposed of the estate at an undervalue and failed to rescue the company as a going concern.
- P(UK) Realisations Limited (2014 – 2016): instructed on behalf of the liquidators of an English company in connection with allegations by a Chinese corporate creditor of negligence and misfeasance by the liquidators (case settled).
- Perpetual PMLC v Marlborough & Others (2013): instructed by Guernsey Advocates on behalf of professional directors in a negligence claim against them in Guernsey.
- Freddy Kalatschi v. Shay Bannon & Michael Simons (2012): instructed on behalf of the defendants in a claim for professional negligence and misfeasance against the former administrators (case settled).
- X v. Deloitte LLP (2011): instructed on behalf of an insolvent company in relation to negligence claim against former auditors (settled after mediation).