Max Mallin QC
Call: 1993 QC: 2017
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Max deals with a variety of insolvency related issues usually involving questions of asset recovery and breach of fiduciary duty.
Some of his recent work includes:
- In the matter of African Safari Club Limited (in liquidation). Max acted for the liquidators in this claim against ex-directors for fraud/breach of fiduciary duty and compensation under sections 212 and 214 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Max recently acted for creditors of a failed investment bank in their claims to recover their investments.
- Re Hole in One Limited (in liquidation). Max acted for the liquidators of Hole in One in relation to a number of claims for recovery of assets. As well as tracing claims, there were also claims for breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Re: TAG Capital Ventures Limited & Ors. Max acted for creditors applying for the appointment of a Provisional Liquidator due to fraudulent misappropriation of funds and, immediately upon appointment, acted for the Provisional Liquidator in applying for a freezing injunction against an ex-director.
- James Earp v Thomas McCabe & Ors. Max acted for the liquidators of a telecommunications company. The claim was for breach of fiduciary duty arising out of a fraud perpetrated by the company whilst under the control of the respondents. The claim settled following the respondents’ unsuccessful application to discharge worldwide freezing injunctions obtained by Max on behalf of the Liquidators.