+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael has a busy practice in commercial, insolvency and business disputes, acting both in his own right and as part of a larger team, and for clients ranging from individuals to global businesses.
Michael’s experience includes:
- Acting (with Marcia Shekerdemian QC) for a company director in proceedings brought by the company’s liquidator for dishonest breaches of director’s duties and misapplication of the company’s money pursuant to s212 Insolvency Act 1986.
- FSCS and others v Estera Corporate Trustees (Guernsey) Ltd. Acting for a Guernsey trustee company in relation to claims for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty arising from the failure of the Freedom Bay resort development in St Lucia (with John Wardell QC).
- Acting (as sole counsel) for eBay and PayPal, successfully resisting applications for mandatory and prohibitory injunctions in relation to the claimant’s use of the eBay platform.
- Acting (as sole counsel) for the successful respondent in resisting an appeal against the setting-aside of a mandatory injunction improperly obtained ex parte in the context of a dispute about enforcement of a judgment debt.
- Acting (as sole counsel) for a defendant borrower and his solicitors in a High Court dispute about the identity of the parties to a loan agreement, and related undertakings alleged to have been given by the defendant’s solicitors.
- Acting (as sole counsel) for the defendant in striking out an enforcement claim, in a dispute about the identity of the proper claimant, and the bankruptcy of the sole director and shareholder of one possible claimant.
- British Overseas Bank Nominees Ltd v Analytical Properties Ltd  EWCA Civ 43. Appearing in the Court of Appeal for the respondent purchaser in a dispute about the construction of a sale and purchase contract.
- Advising on investment bonds, including in relation to the validity of trust nominations, and the bankruptcy of the holder.
- Advising on the taking of trust accounts in the context of very substantial insolvency proceedings.
- Advising on and drafting pleadings in a wide variety of commercial contract disputes, with subject matters ranging from the installation and commissioning of complex electrical equipment, to share sales, unpaid solicitors’ fees, and set building and props for a theatrical production.