+44 (0)207 306 email@example.com
Sri has acted in substantial commercial fraud claims, including conspiracy claims. She has considerable experience cross-examining on allegations of fraud and dishonesty and is frequently instructed in disputes with a company law or insolvency angle due to her cross-discipline expertise.
Recent work includes:
- Floreat Investment Management Limited v Churchill & Ors  EWHC 357 (Comm): Acting for the manager of a Cayman Islands investment fund in a multi-million dollar three-week fraud trial in the Commercial Court against the fund’s former investment advisers.
- MDS Accident Repair Centre Limited (in liquidation) v Dudey & Ors: Acting for the claimant in an eight-day trial of a breach of duty/knowing receipt claim in which it was alleged that the company’s de facto directors had diverted the company’s funds to their own corporate entities. Sri undertook multiple days of cross-examination on allegations of fraud and dishonesty which led to a favourable settlement for the claimant on the penultimate day of trial.
- Harry v Harry & Salisbury Autistic Care Limited: Succeeded in the trial of a shareholders’ dispute in the Companies Court between two brothers concerning the fraudulent diversion of a multi-million pound care home business.
- Defending former consultants to the commercial arm of a leading university who were alleged to have misappropriated confidential information worth millions of pounds in respect of computer gaming programmes developed for the military and police.
- Acting for a US-based shareholder of a technology company operating from the Ukraine in a dispute concerning apparently fraudulent conduct by the company’s other shareholders.
- Acting for a private bank and its directors in a multi-million pound commercial fraud claim concerning misappropriation of confidential information and a maturing investment opportunity.
- Acting for a renewable energy company in a claim against a former director for diverting business opportunities.
- Defending former employees of a Norwegian media firm against allegations of breach of duty, breach of confidence, knowing receipt and conspiracy in a claim that raised conflict of laws issues. Settled by way of mediation after Sri successfully resisted an application for a springboard injunction.
- Acting for a Cayman-registered investment manager in a claim against former investment advisers for fraudulent misappropriation of funds from a Cayman-registered investment fund.