Call: 2013, (Higher Rights: 2001)
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Stephen has appeared in arbitrations both ad hoc and under the rules of various institutions including the AAA, ICC, LCIA and LMAA. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the LCIA.
Stephen has been appointed as sole arbitrator in international arbitrations and also accepts appointments as a panel member.
- appearing in an LCIA arbitration acting for the claimant bank seeking to recover US$400 million from a defaulting debtor and its guarantors.
- appearing in DIFC-LCIA arbitral proceedings in Dubai, and DIFC court proceedings in aid of the arbitration, in a dispute between joint venturers, with an alleged value of US$180 million.
- advising a state oil producer on its prospects of challenging an arbitral award in the English High Court.
- representing a yacht distributor in an LMAA arbitration in relation to termination of an exclusive distribution agreement.
- representing an English IT provider in a AAA arbitration with a leading Japanese hardware manufacturer.
- representing an Indian power company in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of two power stations, including a challenge to jurisdiction.
- acting for a Japanese car manufacturer in a motor racing dispute subject to ICC Arbitration Rules.
- ad hoc arbitration for a broker in a dispute with its telecoms provider.
- acting for the US manufacturer of turbines in an arbitral dispute with its customer in Turkey.
- representing an arbitrator accused of bias.