+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tara has a diverse property practice and is regularly instructed in cases involving commercial or residential property, as well as providing advice in non-contentious matters.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for two defendants in National Bank Trust v Yurov & Ors  EWHC 100 (Comm) concerning a $1billion Russian law fraud claim brought by a Russian bank against three of its former directors led by Tim Penny QC. The case raised, inter alia, issues relating to resulting trusts in a marital context.
- Acting as sole counsel in the High Court on behalf of the supermarket Tesco to successfully obtain an urgent injunction in connection with possession proceedings
- Successfully obtaining default judgment granting a new tenancy of business premises under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Acting for tenants of both business and residential premises in claims for relief from forfeiture on the grounds of non-payment of rent and/or breach of covenant
- Acting and advising in relation to boundary disputes
- Advising on the construction of covenants in a lease
- Advising on the existence and scope of various easements
- Advising on the beneficial ownership of residential property arising under a common intention constructive trust
- Advising an estate management company in relation to breach of covenants by the freeholder