TERENCE MOWSCHENSON QC
Call: 1977 QC: 1995
+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terence is an incredibly experienced silk who has undertaken a range of company and insolvency cases worldwide. The 2022 edition of The Legal 500 describes Terence as “A remarkable, experienced and knowledgeable lawyer.“ In previous editions of Chambers and Partners, Terence is described as an “esteemed silk with an outstanding reputation in company disputes, among broader experience in banking, partnership and financial services matters. He offers clients recognised strength in a wide array of cases, including those relating to shareholder claims, cross-border insolvency and fraud.”
- Neville Barry Khan v The Institute of Chartered Accounts. Acted for the Institute in relation to an application by the joint liquidators of the Comet Group PLC and succeeded in obtaining the appointment of an additional independent liquidator to review issues arising in the liquidation of Comet and the conduct of the joint liquidators.
- Acted for the liquidator of Lehman Bros International Europe Ltd in relation to obtaining the sanction of the court to the distribution of US$19 billion of assets.
- Acted for the liquidator of Singer and Friedlander (IOM) Ltd in seeking directions as to the application of client money held by the bank in breach of client money rules.
- Madoff Securities International Ltd v Raven and others. Acted for Mrs Kohn in successfully challenging the jurisdiction of the Commercial Court to hear a claim by Irving Picard as trustee of Bernard l. Madoff Investment Securities limited for the recovery of $60 million paid in commissions.
- Acted for Bank J Safra (Gibraltar) in litigation brought by Irving Picard as trustee of Bernard l. Madoff Investment Securities limited.
- Acting twice for Herald Fund SPC in Grand Cayman defending bankruptcy petitions presented by Primeo Fund.
- Acted for Bank J Safra (Suisse) in litigation brought by Irving Picard as trustee of Bernard l. Madoff Investment Securities limited.
- Acting for Vizcaya, Zeus and Asphalia funds in various proceedings brought by Irving Picard as trustee of Bernard l. Madoff Investment Securities limited.