Terence Mowschenson QC
Call: 1977 QC: 1995
+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Terence is a highly experienced arbitrator, as evidenced in 2017 and 2018 alone by his current involvement in two substantial arbitrations under the Rules of the Dubai International Arbitration Centre. In these cases he is one of three arbitrators on the panel, examining issues arising out of the corporate law of the United Arab Emirates.
He is a member of the ICC, a panel member of the LCIA and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration. He is also a panel member of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA).
In addition to his sought-after arbitrator experience, Terence has appeared as counsel in numerous arbitrations, and amongst other arbitral rules, he has acted under the rules of the ICC, UNCITRAL, CEPANI, LCIA and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Furthermore, he has sat in the Chancery Division as a deputy High Court Judge dealing an array of commercial matters, including those involving significant corporate and insolvency issues, and is also a chairman of the Financial Reporting Council Tribunal, which investigates accountants’ conduct (amongst other matters) following an insolvency of a company.
In addition to the above, further arbitrator and counsel experience includes:
- Shareholder disputes.
- Insurance/reinsurance claims
- Manufacturing and supply contracts.
- The construction of gas liquefaction facilities in the Middle East.
- Ownership of the largest bank in a country formerly part of the old Soviet Union.
- Disputes over the mis-selling of securities.
- A dispute between online gaming companies over the right to conduct gaming over the internet.
- A dispute between developers of a new town and housing estate over the distribution of land in the development scheme.
- A dispute over ownership of a brokerage company.
- He has also appeared in the Commercial Court in relation to the enforceability of an award on public interest grounds where he acted for the successful party in R v V  All ER (d) 111.