+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom’s international arbitration practice includes disputes under the LCIA and ICC Rules, and applications to challenge arbitration awards under the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Acting for Middle Eastern state gas company as part of a three counsel team in an ICC Arbitration in Geneva arising out of long term gas supply contracts. Claims circa $5bn. October 2018 to March 2020.
- Advising on ICC Arbitration arising out of Joint Operating Agreement for exploration and development of petroleum operations in the Middle East. 2019.
- Acting for the Claimant in a $20m ICC arbitration arising out of the Madoff fraud (led by Alan Gourgey QC)
- Fieldfisher LLP v Pennyfeathers Limited  EWHC 566 (Ch). Successful resistance of administration application on basis that the alleged debt was subject to an arbitration agreement. Issues included the effect of a prior arbitration and of the arbitration agreement.
- Advising on an application to set aside an arbitration award of the London Beth Din
- An arbitration of a dispute arising out of property surveying in the UK, under LCIA Rules
Tom has also written and spoken on the interrelationship of arbitration and insolvency.