+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tom’s international arbitration practice includes disputes under the LCIA and ICC Rules, and applications to challenge arbitration awards under the Arbitration Act 1996.
- WSB v FOL  EWHC 586 (Comm) – challenges to a JAMS arbitration award under ss. 67, 68 and 69 AA 1996, including how such challenges interact with the new Commercial Court Guide and Civil Procedure Rules.
- Quaestus Capital Pte Ltd v Union Pacific Capital Ltd  11 WLUK 449. Successful resistance of Claimant’s application to vary an order obtained under s.44 of the Arbitration Act 1996 in support of a $13m loan dispute. Issues included relationship between parallel proceedings in England, Hong Kong and Bahamas, and role of non-party custodians.
- Acting on challenges under s.67, s.68 and s.69 of the Arbitration Act 1996 to a JAMS Arbitration Award concerning rights to collateral under $45m loan agreement.
- Acting for Middle Eastern state gas company as part of a three counsel team in an ICC Arbitration in Geneva arising out of long term gas supply contracts. Claims circa $5bn.
- Advising on ICC Arbitration arising out of Joint Operating Agreement for exploration and development of petroleum operations in the Middle East.
- Acting for the Claimant in a $20m ICC arbitration arising out of the Madoff fraud (led by Alan Gourgey QC)
- Fieldfisher LLP v Pennyfeathers Limited  EWHC 566 (Ch). Successful resistance of administration application on basis that the alleged debt was subject to an arbitration agreement. Issues included the effect of a prior arbitration and of the arbitration agreement.
- Advising on an application to set aside an arbitration award of the London Beth Din
- An arbitration of a dispute arising out of property surveying in the UK, under LCIA Rules
Tom has also written and spoken on the interrelationship of arbitration and insolvency.