+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tim has a very busy commercial practice. He is ranked in The Legal 500 as a “Rising Star” for both civil fraud and offshore work.
Tim has a particular interest in civil fraud and is frequently involved in the obtaining of freezing injunctions and other forms of interim relief. He is often involved in claims that involve allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy. Tim is also frequently instructed in complex enforcement exercises involving offshore trust structures.
His recent notable instructions include:
- Acting to enter a US$17 million judgment in Bostani v Pieper  4 WLR 44, as part of an enforcement exercise that involved obtaining freezing injunctions and Norwich Pharmacal relief in various jurisdictions, including England, Anguilla and the BVI.
- Appearing in an application to lift privilege on the basis of the “iniquity exception”/ “fraud exception” in Barrowfen Properties Limited v Patel  EWHC 2536 (Ch).
- Acting to resist an application to discharge receivers appointed by way of equitable execution in JSC VTB Bank v Skurikhin  EWHC 1407 (Comm), in complex enforcement proceedings relating to an offshore trust structure involving entities in Liechtenstein, the BVI and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- Appearing in Barrowfen Properties Limited v Patel  EWHC 1145 (Ch), in a strike out application relating to a number of dishonesty claims brought against a firm of solicitors including dishonest assistance, deceit and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Appearing in KeyMed (Medical & Industrial Equipment) Limited v Hillman  EWHC 485 (Ch), a £50 million claim for breach of directors’ duties relating to the administration of a pension scheme.
- Instructed to defend proceedings relating to an alleged oral contract to build an investment fund, with is alleged to have resulted in lost profits of €25 million.
- Instructed as sole counsel in a £1 million claim for breach of contract relating to the development of a video game.
- Acting as sole counsel in a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and/or breach of warranty relating to a share purchase agreement.
- Appearing as sole counsel to obtain an injunction restraining the misuse of confidential information and breach of restrictive covenants.
- Acting as sole counsel in relation to a claim for the possession of 171 pieces of high value artwork.
- Acting to discharge receivers appointed over a solvent company for breach of the duty of full and frank disclosure in Cooke v Parker  EWHC 1028 (Ch).
- Appearing as sole counsel in a trial about the repayment of a director’s loan account.
- Acting as sole counsel in a trial about the removal of a director.
- Acting in relation to numerous interim applications including freezing injunctions, applications for Norwich Pharmacal and Bankers Trust relief, applications for security for costs and applications for service out of the jurisdiction.