+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tim has a busy and diverse insolvency practice. He frequently acts for office holders, directors, creditors and insolvent companies.
Recent notable instructions include:
- Acting as sole counsel in misfeasance and wrongful trading claims brought by a liquidator.
- Appearing on behalf of administrators to terminate an administration and seek ancillary relief.
- Acting as sole counsel in an application for an injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition based on a claimed debt of £1 million.
- Appearing in an application under s.366 of the Insolvency Act.
- Advising about proof of a debt in a bankruptcy.
- Acting as sole counsel on behalf of creditors to oppose an administration application.
- Acting on behalf of a trustee in bankruptcy to bring a claim for US$25 million.
- Advising the directors of a company in administration.
- Acting to discharge receivers appointed over a solvent company for breach of the duty of full and frank disclosure in Cooke v Parker  EWHC 1028 (Ch).
- Acting for a company in a £5m claim against a former director relating to the circumstances in which it was placed into administration.