+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tim has extensive experience of pensions law. He has particular experience of regulatory action brought by the Pensions Regulator.
Recent notable instructions include:
- Acting as junior counsel for the trustee in Granada UK Rental and Retail Ltd v Pensions Regulator  UKUT 164 (TCC), the first time that the Upper Tribunal has considered a determination to issue a financial support direction.
- Appearing as junior counsel in KeyMed (Medical & Industrial Equipment) Limited v Hillman, a claim for breach of directors’ duties arising out of the operation of a pension scheme.
- Instructed for target companies in proceedings for a contribution notice and/or a financial support direction brought by the Pensions Regulator.
- Acting as junior counsel in relation to a high value claim for rectification of a pension scheme.
- Acting in disciplinary proceedings brought against an actuary by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Advising in relation to fixed and escalating penalty notices under the Pensions Act 2008.