+44 (0)20 7306 email@example.com
Tim has extensive experience of pensions litigation. He has particular experience of rectification claims and of regulatory action brought by the Pensions Regulator.
His recent work includes:
- Appearing for the principal employer in Univar UK Ltd v Smith  EWHC 1596 in a claim to rectify a pension scheme definitive deed and rules, which erroneously required increases to pensions in payment and revaluation of pensions in deferment to be calculated by reference to the Retail Prices Index.
- Appearing in KeyMed (Medical & Industrial Equipment) Limited v Hillman  EWHC 485 (Ch), a £50 million claim for breach of directors’ duties relating to the administration of a pension scheme.
- Appearing for the trustee in Granada UK Rental and Retail Ltd v Pensions Regulator  UKUT 164 (TCC), the first reference to the Upper Tribunal of a determination to issue a financial support direction.
- Instructed by a target company in regulatory proceedings for a contribution notice and financial support direction.
- Instructed in ongoing rectification proceedings.
- Acting in disciplinary proceedings brought against an actuary by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Acting in a US$38 million breach of trust claim relating to investments in self-invested personal pensions.
- Advising in relation to escalating penalty notices under the Pensions Act 2008.
- Acting in relation to a claim for an exit credit of £6.5 million under the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations.
- Advising about the application of guaranteed annuity rates to personal pension policies.