Wilberforce STEP Cayman Seminar
Monday 17 September 2018
5.30 - 6.30pm followed by drinks
The George Town Yacht Club, Upstairs Function Room, 606 North Sound Road, George Town, Grand Cayman
We are pleased to partner with STEP Cayman to deliver a seminar to members on topical issues relating to trusts law. The talks are detailed below:
TALK 1: 5.30pm – 5.50pm
Trustees’ mistakes: the offshore experience – Michael Ashdown
- Codified Hastings-Bass rules: Bermuda, Bahamas and Jersey – and Cayman next?
- Recent offshore developments in mistake
- Is a breach of fiduciary duty required? M v St Anne’s Trustees
TALK 2: 5.50pm – 6.10pm
Recent developments in proprietary claims and attacking and defending trusts – Jonathan Hilliard QC
- Cayman and Bermudan developments in defending trusts from attack- when can trustees defend against outsiders and what are the consequences?
- Money paid out of trusts in breach of trust- when do tracing claims run into problems?
TALK 3: 6.10pm – 6.30pm
Trustee indemnities and retention of assets – Tiffany Scott QC
- What is the nature of a trustee’s indemnity?
- How far can trustees go in retaining trust property to meet future claims and other expenses?
- How can beneficiaries challenge decisions to retain?
- Practical considerations for trustees and beneficiaries
Please email email@example.com if you would like to RSVP or have any questions.