+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna acts in a variety of commercial disputes and has particular experience of cases involving allegations of fraud and asset preservation/disclosure (including onshore and offshore trusts structures). She regularly acts in cases involving the application of foreign law, conflict of laws and jurisdictional issues.
She has been instructed as junior counsel in several ongoing and high profile disputes, both in London and offshore, including:
- JSC BTA Bank v Ablyazov, multi-billion dollar claims in the Chancery Division and Commercial Court by a Kazakh bank against its former chairman for misappropriation of funds.
- Weavering Macro Fixed Income Fund Limited (in liquidation) v Ernst v Young, a claim in the Grand Court in Cayman by the liquidators of a Cayman fund (which collapsed in 2009 following a major fraud by its founder) against its former auditors, Ernst & Young.
- AK Investment v Kyrgyz Mobil Tel Ltd (the “Bitel litigation”), a long running dispute in the High Court of the Isle of Man between two large Russian telecommunication conglomerates in relation to the ownership and control of what was formerly Kyrgyzstan’s largest mobile telecoms operator, Bitel.
Anna has substantial experience, both acting as junior to leading counsel and as sole counsel, in obtaining and resisting various forms of interim relief, including:
- Norwich Pharmacal/third party disclosure orders
- Freezing and ancillary disclosure orders
- Search orders
- Summary judgment/strike out applications