+44 (0)20 7306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom has advised upon and acted in a range of domestic and international arbitrations, and arbitration disputes are forming an increasing part of his practice.
Illustrative cases include:
- Appearing (unled) on a two day arbitration in Doha (under the Arbitration Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce) on a multi-million dollar claim made by a security provider for unpaid invoices following the termination of their security services contract with an oil and gas company
- Acting (with Joanne Wicks QC) on an arbitration concerning the construction of an overage provision in an agreement for sale between a supermarket chain and the vendor of land.
- Advising on the commencement of arbitral proceedings concerning the disrepair of a substantial west-end property
- Acting (with Michael Bloch QC) on a claim to set aside a shipping arbitration award on the ground that the award had been procured by fraud: Nestor Maritime SA v Sea Anchor Shipping Co Ltd  EWHC 83 (Comm)
- Assisting on an ICC Arbitration (with Jonathan Seitler QC and Edward Sawyer) concerning the liability of a parent company under a guarantee to meet the fit-out costs of a Russian office building. It claimed it was entitled to refuse to pay, on the basis that the building was unsafe. The arbitration raised issues of Russian fire safety regulations